• Changing the locks on your exterior doors as soon as possible. Although the closing of the deal may be done and you have the keys, you would be a lot safer if you have a locksmith drop by to replace all the locks with new ones just in case. The previous owners and realtors likely still have a key to your place, so it would be in your best interest to change those locks, even if you are on great terms with all of them. Its the sensible thing to do and it would greatly increase the overall security of your home.
• You should get the house cleaned regardless of how you found it. In many cases there may be areas that were overlooked by the previous owners, so you will need to work on it. You can either do this yourself or hire a cleaning company to get the job done for you. Whatever the case, you should make sure you get everything taken care of. You will need your cleaning supplies for that of course, so stock up and make sure you clean your cabinets, plumbing fixtures, counters and other areas that need attention, such as the walls and ceilings if you must.
• You will possibly need to repaint some walls and ceilings as well. Since this is pretty time-consuming and you may simply be too busy to get it done yourself, then you may need some professional paint. This is especially important if you managed to buy your place cheap, but it has some minor cosmetic damage such as cracks and other defects. Unless you have help and experience working on such matters, you may want to work with a contractor for such things. You should consider neutral colors if you’re not sure what you want to pick, as they will make it much easier to deal with and will last a long time without getting in the way of your senses.
• You need to get some organizers if you want to keep things in order. A lot of the older homes out there have closets that have a single shelf and a pole and that’s pretty much it. You can check different stores for alternatives to such a simple setup. They will give you options for closets and how you can fit things in there in a better way. You will also need to address the other items apart form the ones that go in your closet. Your seasonal clothes, boots and other things will also need a good place, whether its a wardrobe or a similar solution.
• Install some new switch plates around your home if they are in need of a change. The same goes for vent covers and other small aspects of your home. It will take a little bit of work, but when you’re done your home will look exactly as you wanted it to be with nothing but a simple fix.
For more cleaning ideas you can contact: Domestic Cleaning Chiswick.